Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Hunting High, Not Low"

Hello!

So, I am massively sick today, but my brain is simply going mad with energy. So, I thought I'd channel some of that here. I watched Good Will Hunting today, and it was, in a word, breathtaking. I don't know if I want to review it or not, because it was just that good. Anyway, here's what I've been doing with myself for the last few days. I'm taking a class this semester that deals with manipulating images and producing media. This inspired me to download the free trials for Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. This is the result.

I'm pretty proud with these:



And this was just kind of fun:



And this was fever-induced silliness:



I think I have a serious problem...

Anyway! Good Will Hunting: an amazing film. Watch it. There's cursing, but I would say it adds a lot to the characters. All of the actors were very organic and convincing, and the storyline is quite compelling. It's about friendship, love, and the important things in life. It made me cry just as much as Moulin Rouge! did, so... that accounts for something.

As for life, it's pretty good when I'm not sick (which feels increasingly often). I'm pretty sure it's the air here. It's yucky. When not photoshopping like a maniac, I've been spending my time reading some H.P. Lovecraft, working on my harmonies for the upcoming musical, and browsing some webcomics. My favorites include Problem Sleuth, Girl Genius, and Homestuck. Unfortunately, they are REALLY LONG, so it takes an undue amount of effort to keep up. I pretty much wait until I'm under the weather, like today, and blast through large chunks of them.

I also watched the 1925 version of Phantom of the Opera. It was really interesting to see how much the new adaptation had pulled from it. Some of the sets were literally IDENTICAL. That made me feel really good about film-makers honoring their predecessors. Also, Lon Chaney played the phantom, which was GREAT. If you don't know who Lon Chaney is, go watch some old horror movies. RIGHT NOW. I don't mean crap like Saw and Hostel. I mean "The Wolfman" and "Creature from the Black Lagoon" and "Dracula." He didn't actually do all of those, but you should watch them all. Yes, I mean YOU!

Now that I've given you a job, I think I shall either watch something incredibly epic, or pass out and sleep for 12 hours. So, adieu!

Love,
Caty

P.S. I'll bet you couldn't tell that shirt with the zipper was originally white, huh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment