Monday, February 20, 2012

"Yale: Ye Ole Maze O' DEATH"

So, I mentioned in my last post that I was going to go to Yale Cabaret and watch Dracula, right? Well, I guess God the Father must have been sitting up there in Heaven, looking through the playbills of shows around the world, and upon seeing the description of "Dracula," decided that it was NOT FOR MY EYES and that he should KEEP ME FROM IT AT ALL COSTS by making it as DIFFICULT AS POSSIBLE for me to find my way to the Cabaret. Either that, or he thought it would be really funny for me to get lost and sniffle like a little girl. At any rate, it was a horrible experience. Everyone at Yale is snobby, except for the really sketchy people that smoke in Gothic alcoves, and I was a little worried I was going to die. When I finally made my way back to the bus stop, after being told by the maitre de that my ticket had been given away due to my tardiness, I called my boyfriend and made him talk to me about Gundam and Stratego, because I needed something THAT RANDOM to get my mind off of my soaked hat and Toms (which were a poor choice of footwear for a rainy day).

All in all, I am really grateful I didn't get mugged or something, and now I know my way around the theatre district of Yale (more or less).

I hope y'all's weekends were better than mine!
Love,
Caty

P.S. I heard it "sucked" anyway

3 comments: