Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Ben & Jerry's" Is A Lie!!!

Hullo, Readers. I just have to reiterate my title. "Ben & Jerry's" is a lie. At least, what they symbolize to women is a lie. Ice cream does not make you feel better when you are weeping. In fact, no food does. But it's truly better than the alternative in certain situations. If there are problem that you simply cannot solve, distract yourself. There's only so much psychoanalyzing you can do before you become a hunk of granite. The answer is simple, and yet.... FLIPPING HARD!!! However, it is better than sitting around dwelling, which will get you nothing and will probably make you feel worse. Sometimes, you don't WANT to smell the flowers of life, because it's hard enough to make sure you don't fall apart, it seems. Smell them anyway. I was struck this past week when I went over to my aunt's by a piece of ceramic. Well, not physically struck by it, they don't throw glass at family after all. It read these words: "I asked GOD for all things that I might enjoy Life. He gave me Life, that I might enjoy all things." Sometimes it's not easy to do that. Frankl;y, sometimes it's not really possible. But it's true. Life is good, and wonderful, and pure, and surprising. Not easy, but I think I can deal. After all, I've got the Creator of the universe on my side, right?
Caty

No comments:

Post a Comment