Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pizza, Pretzels, & Other Foods Tainted By Godliness

I'm sure you could tell that I wasn't what one would call "happy" come last post. I'm here to tell you that I am now. Nothing makes me happy like free food, and nice people sitting around being nerdy, funny, or otherwise realxed in themselves. I've realized today that the way a person looks at you is so much more important than the words coming out of their mouth. I knew that over 70% communication was non-verbal, but I had never thought that I myself perceived things this way as well. Frankly, it is the little things that matter. And I hate typing that, because it's corny and horribly over-used. HOWEVER, that makes it no less true. They are what show a person's true character, whether it be good or bad.

The other topic I would like to discuss... well.... type about anyway, is the 1920s & 30s. What a wonderful time period. If you know me, you know that I don't like fashion. Really not at all. One could say It reserves a place in my heart betwixt kicking puppies and standardized science tests. But for some strange reason, that feeling is not applicable when talking about the Roaring Twenties! The tweed, the pearls, the strange Ziegfield Follie flower headresses, the Charleston, flapper dresses, the little-bitty sideways hats, the fringe... I could literally go on for days about the fashion that I like from the 20s. Also, MOVIES came out in the 20s!!! Cinema was born, and has been quickly evolving and adapting ever since. Though the movies that were shown back then mostly were terrible enough to make any theatre critic go Oedipus on their eyes and pour hydrochloric acid down their ears, it was still the beginning of something that would become a staple of American society.

Ahh, theatre, how I long for it! But it will be a few months yet before I will be back on stage :(.

Anywho, Ta-ta for now!
Caty

No comments:

Post a Comment