Sunday, August 8, 2010

Taking A Step Back

Hokay. So. I am not one to halfway do an emotion. It's either a slight preference, or a deep passion whelling within me and bursting forth from me. For example: I like Fall Out Boy. I think they are a decent group with more than a bit of talent. However, I could get rid of their music if it really came down to it. I love the stage. Everything about it. It's not so much being in the spotlight, as a sense of home when I feel the cast moving together as a cohesive unit. If you couldn't tell, there is a significant difference between how I feel for Fall Out Boy, and the Stage Arts. This is a blessing..... and a curse. On one side, I have lots of peripheral interests that allow me to relate to nearly everyone, and a few passions that allow me to express myself and get excited. On the other hand, it sometimes causes me to be completely oblivious when I'm concerned about an acquaintance and feel like I'm being apathetic, or when someone I truly love shakes my confidence and my whole world seems to be coming apart at the seams because of something insignificant. What I've realized this weekend, is that I need to take a chill pill when the latter of these situations ocurrs. It is NOT that big of a deal. So whenever you see (or read) me stressing out, please just say (or type) "Caty, deal."

That being said, I'm here to cool off. And I think it's actually working. So let me tell you about something a bit more diverting. Actually, nevermind. This post is already far too long.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for ranting,
Caty

P.S. Something actually fun to do is read "Axe Cop," a comic written by a 5 year old and illustrated by his 29 year old brother. Find it, read it, love it. Axecop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment