Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Red Herring? Or Possibly Just Pinkish?

One thing that has always stimulated the minds of humans is a mystery. The desire for something new, and uncertain. It gives us the most inexplicable feeling of curiousity. Maybe I'm just crazy, but once I hear the beginning of a story, I MUST HEAR THE END!!! Even if it's something pointless like: who's dating who, what I'm wearing today, or any other annoying alerts you get from Twitter (which I boycot, by the by). What it comes down to, is people kind of like the unexpected. Just look at how many Investigation and P.I. novels and TV series there are! Monk, CSI, CSI Miami, Law & Order, Psych, The Mentalist, and even House are all asking the question "what is going on?" Whether it be Whodunnit, Howdeydoit, or Whatdeydone, you don't really know until the end of the show. Even if you are pretty sure you know what happened, you want to make sure you're right. We humans find joy in mystery, and challenge. If there is no conflict, the good things in our lives seem... lame. Even if we love those things, we just have no basis for comparison anymore. Needless to say, I can't wait for the musical season to start up so that I can start doing some work again. I feel so lazy :P.

Anywho, I'm gonna go and watch some Monk now.

Toodles! (He found his marbles)
Caty

No comments:

Post a Comment