Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What's That "Whooshing" Noise?... Oh Crap, That's Spring!!!

Well, it's seems that time is out of whack lately. It seems like spring is still far away, but it also seems like so long before the bell finally rings at school, or a new day finally starts. I've come to hate going to sleep, and to love to start my day (though not the waking up part). I feel stronger now that I know I'm weak, and wiser now that I know I've been dumb. I want to light up people's days, and not have to feel like holding my head up is in any way comparable Atlas holding the World upon his shoulders. I feel giddily melancholy and pensively exuberant. This, strangely enough, is normal. I am a paradox in a box, and I like it that way.

Moving on to more broad topics, I have not watched any movies of late. I know, it's a shocker! I've watched some TV series, though, so you can stop reaching for the phone to dial for help. I watched Red Vs. Blue (a charming little series), and Dr. Who. There are few shows that resonate with my soul like Dr. Who does. It's happy and poignant, lovable and teriffying. It is life. Sure, the situations are unrealistic and amazingly science-fictionesque, but the way people respond to different crises is amazing. The acting, production, and script of this show are all brilliant. And it's been going since the '60s!!! It's also clean, with no cursing or sex of any kind. The basis of the show is that the good guys win. This is not to say that people don't die. In fact, my favorite characters seem to always die... I hate that. What it means is that no matter how hopeless a situation may be, there is always hope and that no one life is worth less than another. I love it so :)

Now, Ecclesiastes is a weird book. It's like Solomon's own personal diary, where he writes down his emo rants. Not really, but closer to reality than you'd think. Solomon pines away because he sees life as meaningless. He says that being wise doesn't matter, because both the sage and the fool will die; he also says that living is pointless, because you're going to die, but you might as well enjoy it while you've got it. The best parts so far (and I've only read through chapter 3 as of yet) are when he realizes that true joy comes from God. He says that all God does is final, and all he does has been done, and will be done. It's like a cycle-thing... Honestly, it really matches up with what I've been reading in Donald Miller's book, "Blue Like Jazz." The stuff you want most isn't really worth it, and it'll probably kill you anyway. I usually love Solomon, but I guess I'm just not in the mood for him lately, so I've been cutting my Bible reading with Mr. Miller. I recommend it, it's great work.

I hope you're doing well, whoever and wherever you are.

Sincerely,
Caty

P.S. Sexy Carrot

1 comment:

  1. Your reading Blue Like Jazz... that's awesome.. I'm tellin ya, you need to read A Thousand Miles in a Million Years!! But Solomon has got some good stuff to say.. even though he can be difficult to read sometimes lol...Glad to see your posting again lady! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete